Translate

Monday 11 March 2013

Remembering 3/11 two years on

 

It is a mixture of sadness and hope that I feel today for Japan. Sadness for all the lives cut short, dreams and plans left unfinished, families and possessions lost for all time. Sadness too for those who remain displaced still two years after.

There is still hope today, as Japan continues to move forward, life returning to normal albeit an adjusted version of normal. Hope that the new government will intensify its focus on assisting survivors. Hope that someday the affected region of Tohoku will be safe, the land will prosper once more and families will return to make happy lives.

Always in my thoughts, today I send a prayer and my love to Japan today.
 
 



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder of the day the world changed with such a tragic event because I will also send my love.

    ReplyDelete